Ranch Massawippi (hereinafter RM) is subject to the Personal Information Protection Act in the Private Sector.
RM recognizes the importance of respecting privacy and commits to limiting the collection of information to what is necessary. This policy aims to inform you of the guidelines established to protect the personal information you entrust to RM, through the web or any other means, all in compliance with the law.
1. General Principles
In the course of its activities, and with your agreement, RM may collect personal information in order to use it for the purposes described in section 6.
The objective of this policy is to clearly explain how RM collects and processes your personal information, including the data you provide when joining as a member, making a donation, or signing up for our newsletter, for example.
This policy and the practices regarding personal information management apply to the entire organization, including all employees and volunteers of RM.
Personal information is information that concerns a physical person and allows their identification, directly or indirectly. Regardless of the nature of its support or its form of accessibility (written, graphic, sound, visual, computerized), all personal data is covered by this policy. However, this does not include professional contact details and data that has been anonymized for legitimate and serious purposes.
Your consent for the communication or use of your personal information must be given explicitly. It will be valid for the purposes mentioned in this policy and for the specific purposes mentioned at the time of consent, where applicable. The consent will be valid for the duration necessary to achieve the objectives specified in the consent or the purposes specified in section 6 of this policy. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time, as indicated in section 8.3. of this policy.
4. Personal information that RM may collect about you
RM may collect, hold, use, transfer, and communicate various types of personal information about you, which are grouped as follows:
- Identity data: first name, last name, title, username or similar identifier, date of birth, gender, marital status, and information on a valid identity document, including driver’s license, and, for tax purposes, social insurance number or passport;
- Contact data: mailing and/or delivery address, billing address, email address, and telephone number;
- Payment data: payment card details (credit or debit) and checks;
- Donation data: details and history of donations made;
- Service-related data: details of the services you have obtained from RM;
- Technical data: Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, types and versions of browser plug-ins, operating system and platform, and other technologies on the devices you use to access our websites;
- Usage data: information on how you use our websites and our services;
- Marketing and communication data: preferences for receiving communications from us and our third parties, and communication preferences. This also includes the fact that we may take note of conversations we have had with you in person and/or communications you have sent to RM. This helps us manage our relationship with you and ensure that you only receive communications that are relevant and tailored to your preferences;
- Employment candidate data: all data you have submitted to us through a job offer.
5. How RM collects your personal information
RM collects various personal information in several ways.
5.1. Information you provide to us
The collection of personal information mainly occurs when you use RM’s services and voluntarily communicate your personal information.
5.2. Automated technologies or interactions
When you interact with RM’s websites, technical data about your equipment, actions, and browsing patterns may, with your consent, be collected using cookies and other similar technologies.
5.3. Information from third parties
RM occasionally receives information about you from third parties, as indicated below:
- Analysis providers such as Google Analytics;
- Advertising networks such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn;
- Search information providers such as Google;
- Publicly accessible information about you.
6. The purposes of collecting personal information
The personal information you provide to RM will be used exclusively for the following purposes:
- Track your order of publications;
- Periodically communicate with you in writing, orally, or electronically to inform you of RM’s activities and events;
- Solicit your participation in a survey;
- Identify and authenticate you in RM’s computer and cloud system to facilitate transactions;
- Keep and analyze statistics on its clientele, members, and partners to improve its websites, services, and communications;
- Propose, on external websites, social platforms, or in its newsletter, relevant content and advertisements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising;
- Allow RM to provide a service adapted to the needs of its members and partners;
- Receive and analyze an application submitted as part of a job search;
7. The use, retention, and disclosure of your personal information
7.1. Use of your personal information
Your personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected, as specified in section 6.
7.2. Retention of your personal information
Your personal data will be kept confidential, as long as necessary, in view of the purposes for which they were collected, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirement.
Your personal information will be kept either physically in RM’s premises, digitally on RM’s computer equipment, or digitally in the cloud system used by RM.
RM ensures the protection of your personal information at all times, through appropriate security measures, whether material, organizational, or technological. Also, RM ensures to limit access to personal information to authorized persons, according to the security levels specified in section 7.4.
7.3. Disclosure of your personal information
RM may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- To service providers who, under a service contract, assist RM in their activities for the sole purposes provided by law. RM does not allow its third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only allows them to process it for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions;
- In all cases where, under the Personal Information Protection Act in the Private Sector, the communication of personal information is possible without prior authorization.
- RM ensures, within reasonable limits, that these third parties respect the rules and commitments of this policy by taking the necessary measures.
7.4. Accessibility by staff
RM has taken steps to ensure the greatest protection of your personal information. To this end, three levels of security have been determined:
- Very high level: category of staff having access to all your personal information
- High level: category of staff having access to some of your personal information
- Basic level: category of staff having access to a minimum of personal information
8. Your legal rights
8.1. Right of access to your personal information
RM allows you, subject to the conditions and exemptions provided by law, to access the personal information it holds about you. Upon request, RM will inform you of the personal information held and its use, and allow you to consult it.
8.2. Right to correct or delete personal information
It is possible to correct the personal information that RM has collected when this information is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, outdated, or not justified by the purposes described in section 6 of this policy.
It is also possible to have any confidential information collected in a manner not in accordance with the law deleted.
8.3. Right to withdraw consent
In cases where RM relies on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the legality of any processing carried out before the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent, it is possible that RM may not be able to provide you with certain services.
9. Requests and Complaints
All requests for access, correction or deletion, or any complaint regarding the implementation of this policy must be made in writing and accompanied by proof of identity.
Please refer to section 11 for the contact details of the person responsible for the protection of personal information.
Upon receipt of a request or complaint, RM will endeavor to respond within 30 days. Occasionally, it may take up to 60 days to respond to your request, for example, if it is particularly complex or if you have made several requests. In this case, RM will inform you.
11. Contact Details and Additional Information
565 Maisonneuve Street
Granby (Quebec) J2G 3H5
- that they accept that RM collects and shares personal information about them to achieve the purposes described in section 6 of this policy;
- that they agree that some of their information may be transmitted to third parties or partners of RM, solely for the purpose of achieving the purposes described in section 6 of this policy;
- that they understand that this consent is revocable.